Super Mom

Super Mom
Flying with MS
I hope you find some humor, information or a smile for your day. If you are reading this, you may have MS or know someone with MS. The main thing to remember is we are normal people who learn how to go about our daily lives in different and sometimes unique ways.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

I have a new Job.

Sorry that I have not written much lately but I got a job. I have not worked full time in 13 years or part-time in 6 years. Needless to say this has kicked me in the backside but for all the right reasons.

I happened to find the job by accident. It is at the gym where I have been working out at for the last two and a half years. They have all watched me struggle with my walking and then revamping my training routines once I was diagnosed with MS. I did not think that working again would be in my future since the majority of employers would view me as a liability. I go to work after I get the kids off to school in the morning and get off in enough time to work out and then get the kids picked up and taken to various ball practices. The best part, I firmly believe that continuing to stay fit will help prevent MS from having the ability to “do what it wants” with my body. Now I can share the benefits of working out with others.

The work is interesting and I like the new challenges that this job will give me. I will continually get to use my brain and work to negate any cognitive problems. Plus, I get to talk to adults instead of the kids or my dog. I was a little apprehensive on the first day, worrying if this job would be too much for me with my newfound MS. My boss treats me like everyone else and for that I am appreciative and will do everything not to disappoint him.

I am sleeping at night better than I was and I am hoping that my organizational skills with meal planning will become better. There is a sense of pride in being able to say that I got a job. Once again, I will say that MS is not going to stop me from having a normal life I am a MS THRIVER not just a MS Survivor. Now I can say that I am somewhat embarrassed that I had doubts on the first day of my new job. Now I need to make sure that the doubt does not get the better of me again.

I now enjoy my weekends even more as they have become more ‘sacred’ in a sense. Come see me at the gym, I am the one singing, “Nine to Five” and dancing behind the front desk.

Joy

No comments: