Super Mom

Super Mom
Flying with MS
I hope you find some humor, information or a smile for your day. If you are reading this, you may have MS or know someone with MS. The main thing to remember is we are normal people who learn how to go about our daily lives in different and sometimes unique ways.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Why I write:

I have folders full of scrap pieces of paper, napkins and notebooks with lots of stories written down. Apparently this is personal therapy. Very few people have ever read my writing. It is a side of myself that scares me to share with other people. The possibilities are endless….. What if they do not like it? What if they think I am crazy? Who knows if one can follow the intended train of thought? Is it just jiber-jaber? AND THE WORST ----- what if they laugh at me? I truly am not a paranoid person or one that has little or no self confidence. My writing, again, is personal and since I love to do it I want others to like it as well.

My sister reads my blogs before I post them and she is a great sounding board. She is also a much better speller than I am. This is probably the first time since high school that she has read much of what I have written. She encourages me to write so I can put emotions on paper and at times get rid of some anger or other feelings I need to let go of. I have often written letters that I never mailed or have written emails and never pushed the send button (a good thing I should say for a number of them which were written from anger and not level headedness). In the case of emails, I have finally gotten smart and do not type in the To… section for fear that I might accidently hit send.

Therapy??????????????????? Yes I guess it is therapy. I just remember that overwhelming feeling of the quicksand when I was struggling with the MS diagnosis. I can truly say that I hope others never have to feel that sinking feeling.

Thanks for letting me share my gauntlet of emotions with you. I may one day let you read Dear Dad, My Sisters Closet, Memories of Mom, or other snippets that are waiting to be read. This therapy is pretty cheap compared to other methods out there. (Not that I am against other methods)……

Joy

No comments: