Super Mom

Super Mom
Flying with MS
I hope you find some humor, information or a smile for your day. If you are reading this, you may have MS or know someone with MS. The main thing to remember is we are normal people who learn how to go about our daily lives in different and sometimes unique ways.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I am blessed

"The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings."-Eric Hoffer

I receive a daily “quote of the day” which is written above. I read it and then went to the gym for my workout. I had a nice conversation with a lady whom I have recently gotten to know. She has NO hair on her entire body. She has not had cancer but has alopesia universalis (loss of all body hair). She had a smile on her face and a baseball cap on her head. Her friends say she used to try and wear wigs but now will wear a hat or scarf. She is happy and never self conscious.

While leaving the gym I ran into a couple that used to work out in the mornings about the same time. I had not seen them in a long time. The husband fell off a scaffolding and broke his back. Needless to say they had just started a new work out regime. He said he would get on a bike or the tread mill but would not be able to lift free weights again. His wife had been staying home with him during his recovery to help with daily functions he could not master on his own. He could have just decided to stay at home on the couch for years to come and no one would have thought anything about it; he choose to come to the gym.

As I got in the car to go home I started thinking about how blessed I truly am. I can still walk and yes I fall often but with much style and grace. My children are healthy enough to give me headaches like most children often give to their parents. I have a very loving husband who takes good care of me and I have a roof to sleep under at night that does not leak. I have MS and it does pose some obstacles some times, but I am still here and thinking that maybe I was given this new challenge in life to make me slow down and look at my beautiful garden.

Joy

No comments: