Super Mom

Super Mom
Flying with MS
I hope you find some humor, information or a smile for your day. If you are reading this, you may have MS or know someone with MS. The main thing to remember is we are normal people who learn how to go about our daily lives in different and sometimes unique ways.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

To Medicate or Not To Medicate

A friend told me to read some post on the facebook multiple sclerosis board. One person was saying that a certain kind of treatment was wrong. Lots of people wrote back and said that each of us have to do what is right for ourselves and let others make their own decisions.

I am being proactive and attacking my MS in a way that suits me. I will gain power from my efforts because I believe it is best for me. While I think the things I am doing are very worthwhile, I also realize that every MS patient reacts in different ways to treatments. It is up to all patients to do research and visit with their chosen healthcare provider ready with questions and knowledge of treatments that are available.

There are many different forms of treatments for Multiple Sclerosis from Homeopathic or medications and many other forms and combinations of treatments in-between. I have made a decision based on my needs, symptoms and family input. I will let others know how well my chosen treatment is working for me, but will always encourage others to become familiar with everything available.

No one should be criticized for choosing one path over another. People who do not know about Multiple Sclerosis, the symptoms and how many of the symptoms are invisible, do not need to suggest things for me to try. While I am sure that these comments are meant with the best of intentions, I am sure that if this “juice” or that “pill” really worked that all the MS publications would be shouting it from the roof tops. Not to mention that my Doctor, Chiropractor, or Physical Therapist would probably tell me to go and get “it” NOW.

I have said it before and will say it again; I am at peace with my diagnosis. I do not know the ultimate plan or where the journey or path will end but I am going to have a darn good time getting there. I will see all of you at the checkered line when we all get there, you will hear me coming, I will be the one laughing and sliding in sideways.

Sunny side up!

Joy

No comments: